Tuesday, September 26th, 2017

Tax filing for international students on F-1 and J-1

April 15, 2012 by app2usadvisor  
Filed under Money Matters

Ask a question at www.app2us.com.   

April 17 2012 is the deadline for filing of income tax returns for 2011. Most US residents including international srudents on F-1 and J-1 visas are required to file their tax returns, including those who arrived in the US in 2011.

Foreign students and foreign scholars have special filing requirements [...]

Student life on a low budget

January 10, 2011 by app2usadvisor  
Filed under Money Matters

Ask a question at www.app2us.com.   

Here are some tips that you may find useful to survive as a student with less money.
The smartest way is to increase your income:
Spend one hour per day looking for assistantships on campus. If you have found one, keep on looking for Summer internships and after that keep on [...]

Identity theft in the USA – how students can protect themselves

January 21, 2010 by app2usadvisor  
Filed under Crimes and safety, Money Matters

Ask a question at www.app2us.com.    Tweet this.

Identity theft is one of the biggest and fastest growing crimes in the US. It involves stealing and misuse of your personal information like date of birth and social security number. That information in turn is used to open fake accounts so that the victim ends up owing [...]

co-signer of a student loan

December 29, 2008 by app2usadvisor  
Filed under Funding, Money Matters

Ask a question at www.app2us.com

Applicants to US universities like to explore and exhaust every potential source of funding. With drying up of fellowships and scholarships, students explore education loans offered in their home countries and in USA. Very few loans are available to international students.

Almost all personal loans in USA are tracked via credit reports. [...]

Free 600 dollar tax refund

March 27, 2008 by app2usadvisor  
Filed under Money Matters

Visit www.app2us.com

US Economy is headed towards a possible recession but that may bring you some good news and well. What can be better relief than a tax free 600 dollar check in the mail for a student? If you are a US taxpayer and are supposed to file your 2007 tax returns, you may [...]

Get a Driving License Now- Save dollars later

Visit www.app2us.com

While you are busy Applying to US Universities, you should get a driving license in your home country as soon as possible. And remember to pack it in your luggage to USA. Once you are settled in USA, you may not be able to buy a car during your student life, still try [...]