One page resume for US University Applications
Even if not mentioned in the application requirements, it is a good idea to include a resume. The resume must be limited to one page, no matter how many achievements you have.
Here are some guidelines to improve your resume.
- Your name, email ID and phone number must be included at the top
- You should use simple and legible font, preferably size 11 or more. The contents should not look too crowded
- Avoid your country specific acronyms (read more here)
- List your achievements in reverse chronological order
- Avoid any achievement earlier than grade 10th, but focus mainly on your accomplishments while in college
- Divide the resume in different sections and have headings for each section
- Check your spellings
- Include a printout in black ink with your offline materials like the transcripts. Some online applications also allow you to upload extra documents
Tweet This Post